“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34 (NIV)
Are you taking time to enjoy your life? Well today is yours! Yesterday is over and tomorrow is not promised to anyone. You don’t have to stay the way you are. The gift of life is precious. It comes as a surprise every day. Unwrapping the gift grows with mystery and anticipation. Once opened, you will either be surprised and happy at what’s inside or disappointed because it’s not what you expected.
Yes, disappointments can come in pretty boxes too, but it doesn’t mean your life is over. Trying to find true happiness can be difficult at best, but remember what God said in Psalms 37:4 “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart” (NIV). Try to live a life of simplicity. Your days should be filled with activities and thoughts that are conducive to emotional healing. When you change your attitude and how you think and feel about yourself, the whole course of your life can be changed into ways that strengthen, build character and confidence!
- Love yourself
- Keep good friends
- Trust your instincts
- Believe God, trust God, love God
- Meditate, pray
- Empower yourself with inspiration
- Breathe out fear, breathe in confidence
- Never give up on your values, prioritize
- Make better food choices
- Dare to change something for the better
- Be truly grateful
- Listen to music, sing a new song, dance to a different beat
- Scream – you’ll feel better
- Get rid of girl-frenemies
- Find satisfaction with yourself; be you
- Take time to stop and smell the roses
- Accept being single…for right now
- Drink more water
- Eat luscious chocolate truffles
- Release negativity and toxic relationships
- Realize things are not always going to be perfect
- Buy a new frock; change your hairdo
- Ditch astrology signs and horoscopes; believe what God says about you!
- Take time out for yourself often
- Appreciate where you’ve been; celebrate where God’s taking you.
- Refocus, visualize your goals, write them down
- Open the door to new opportunities
- Close the door to schemes, scams, and crooks
- Let go of things that are out of your control
- Love people and forgive those that hurt you
- Forgive yourself
- “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher” (Oprah)
- Keep hope alive
- Embrace change and your unique self
- Remind yourself how awesome and beautiful you are
- Take daily walks to refocus
- Wake up energized and motivated
- “Don’t worry, be happy”
- Smile and have fun.
What are some of the things you do to keep you happy and motivated on a daily basis? Please share!
Categories: Christian Living