“Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” Psalm 37:4 9 (KJV)
Every day we have countless opportunities to work toward that BIG DREAM that we always think about and continuously pour our heart, mind and soul into. Maybe it’s a dream of writing a best seller book, going back to school, getting married, purchasing a new home, starting a new business, write a blog, or just putting your creative ideas into action!
However, life circumstances can throw a punch in plans and those dreams are shattered beyond repair. Thank God for second chances! He always give us the strength to overcome the hardest of trials and He offers restoration, freedom and new opportunities to follow or chase after new dreams!
God don’t just give us new dreams, but He also gives us the tools, gifts and talents that are unique and complimentary of the dream that defines who we are. He has given each one of us creativity and purpose. There is an internal drive in us that motivates and drives us to reach our full potential. It is up to us to find out what that purpose is and then tap into it to bring fulfillment and success!
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
It is so important to be mindful of the things that God desires and things that matter most to you…things that make you happy. What do you love to do? What is your driven purpose and special gift? What do you have to offer the world? What is behind the motivation that drives your need to succeed? Ask God to reveal His purpose to you.
Ways to keep your dream alive
- Purchase a notebook or journal and write your thoughts, plans and visions down. Focus on strengths and opportunities. Keep a note pad near your nightstand just in case a thought comes while trying to sleep!
- Be passionate about executing your plans. Do something every day to perfect the dream. Develop an effective dream strategy.
- Own the power within you. Visualize your dream and tap into your creativity.
- Maintain a renewed spirit of optimism and hope. Trust God.
- Never miss an opportunity to encourage others and share experiences.
- Believe in yourself. Never convince yourself that dreams are too big.
- Dedicate yourself to the dream. Identify and ignite your passion. Understand your God-given purpose!
- Have the faith to DREAM BIG because we have a BIG GOD!
- Be willing to take the risk. Be prepared for mistakes, setbacks, fumbles and foiled plans. These are just stepping stones and learning experiences. Never give up!
- It’s ok to be a Dream Chaser. “Your dreams, goals and purpose matter and it’s time to start making them a priority. When you work from a place of passion, you become an unstoppable force.” (Tony A. Gaskins, Jr.)
Don’t ever let your dreams die. There’s something deep inside all of us that drives and inspires us to keep trying and never give up. Challenge your inner spirit. Every moment you breathe offers you a choice to either stand still or press forward to chase after your dreams until you catch it, master it and it comes to life to bring happiness and much success!
God provides dreams, chances and opportunities. It’s up to us to take advantage of them!
Be inspired to breathe!