“Wait for the Lord, be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.” Psalm 27:14
There is always an expectancy of how we think difficult situations ought to turn out. We all get a little fretful or worried when things don’t happen when we expect them to. Situations that are pressing and so overwhelming, but God wants us to wait, be strong, and be of good courage. Really God?
To be courageous, we must experience fear. Courage stands up against the odds and it makes you do what you were afraid to do.
Waiting is stressful. We are used to getting what we want, when we want. We are spoiled God-kids! He loves to give us the desires of our heart, however, patience is a virtue. To say “God I trust you or I’m going to wait on you” can be challenging when we are faced with pressures of the present need. Until God decides to move, we must find grace to wait, holding tight to believe that God’s timing is working! Waiting prepares us for victory.
But here are 6 good reasons to encourage you to wait, be strong, and take courage today:
- God will never leave you! “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
- God is fighting for you. Be still! “The Lord will fight for you; you need only be still. (Exodus 14:14)
- You are His child. “I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.” (2 Corinthians 6:18)
- God will sustain, carry and come to your rescue! “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. (Isaiah 46:4)
- God will prosper you! “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
- God will renew your strength. “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, and they shall walk, and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31)
Be inspired to breathe!
Categories: Christian Inspiration